Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

Font

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Our NOVA visit

Last week, we went home for a few days. The first (and most important) thing we did was hit up the Prince William County Fair. I grew up right behind this gem and let me say, if you haven't been then brother, you have not lived! Where else can livestock and children be judged by their beauty? Where else can you get a donut burger? There is nothing more majestic than a Manassas redneck's mullet flowing in the wind as he watches the monster truck rally. 

But I digress! Audrey had fun and Micah was once again annoyed that he lacked the mobility to fully participate in any fair event. 
This kid was way cool. He was working the 4H booth and although he was unfortunately a Cowboys fan, he acknowledged how truly worthless Tony Romo is!


Audrey took this one. She insisted that I be the pig. Guess I should hit the treadmill?

Audrey's "cutie mark." Thank you my little pony. 


My parents work out at a rock climbing gym. If you live in PWC you should definitely check out Vertical Rock. They had a lights out climbing night so my ever patient dad braved the three year old madness and took Audrey climbing. She loved it!


My folks pulled out our old Brio trains. Audrey asked me to build a track. My inner A type built this glorious, multi level structure that was pure perfection. Then....Micahzilla destroyed Tokyo. 




Last but certainly not least! Our whole reason for braving the 95 corridor! Matt and I bought tickets to the Redskins/Steelers preseason game at FedEx field. What an awesome time! Over the last few years, we have really begun to enjoy football and it was nice to sit and have a beer and enjoy time together. It made that time all the sweeter when the Skins whooped the Steelers butts! Matt was bitter and said, " well, it is only preseason." I say, "nuts to that! A win is a win! HTTR!" 


Hope y'all (meaning my five readers ;)) have a blessed week. Thank you for continuing to follow us!

No comments:

Post a Comment